Monday, August 15, 2016

Cris Tovani's advice on providing feedback to students

From last April's "Educational Leadership": Cris Tovani, author of "I Read It, But I Don't Get It" - a great book about the struggles of teaching reluctant readers, shares her current practice in this article about providing effective feedback. She models an interesting, very closely monitored approach to reading instruction. There are elements that I find a bit formulaic, but I expect there are students who appreciate the structure. I couldn't agree more with her thoughts about feedback during the process of learning vs written justifications of grades after the learning.

How I Learned To Be Strategic About Writing Comments by Cris Tovani

No comments:

Featured Post

Critical literacy lesson:

Poor Journalism: " Rise of women teachers 'turning boys off education' as report reveals girls born this year will be 75%...