Monday, January 28, 2013

Reading and Writing

A great blog posting about what an aspiring writer has learned from her reading...


KSENIA ANSKE


"I write every day and I read every day, because Stephen King said to do so in his book On Writing. I used to not allow myself read fiction, I used to read books about writing. I thought reading a lot of fiction was a waste of time. I was wrong, very very wrong. So I've abandoned reading books about writing (King's On Writing being the exception), and started reading novels exclusively. And, you know what? I'm learning more about writing by reading actual fiction! The more different books by different authors I read, the more I start seeing patterns everywhere - in story, dialogue, beginnings, endings, character development, descriptions, plot, you name it."

Become a better writer by reading...


No comments:

Featured Post

Critical literacy lesson:

Poor Journalism: " Rise of women teachers 'turning boys off education' as report reveals girls born this year will be 75%...